Frittatina or Sandwich? Both!



What do you think of these cuties?
There are so many things kids should eat and yet parents have difficult times convincing them those are good, tasty and healthy.
One of these is eggs. Gee, I'm having hard time convincing my kids to eat eggs. I've tried proposing them in all forms, but so far they've eaten them only when hidden (egg pasta, cake).
Today, finally, a success.
These little frittatas are twice good. They're made with eggs (yeah!) and they are baked in the oven, so no fried food.
Francesca loved them, Sara is still a bit difficult to convince, but sooner or later she'll come around.
And I got a quick lunch for myself as well, so what could be better than that.


FRITTATA SANDWICH

4 eggs
100-120 g cheese (Scamorza, Emmental, etc.)
100 ml cooking cream
50 g arugula (or in my case corn salad)
6 slices of Prosciutto
a little butter, salt, pepper

Slightly whisk the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper. Add shredded cheese.


Distribute the mixture between 12 slightly buttered muffin moulds. Use a small ladle to distribute the mixture evenly and without spilling the eggs.

Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 10 minutes until the frittatas become puffy and golden.
Let them cool in the tins and then take them out delicatly in order not to break them.


Divide them in pairs and put some arugula (I had only corn salad, but it was fine the same) and a slice of Prosciutto.
I halved the recipe since it was only me and kids at lunch, and made two sandwiches. My daughter preferred frittatas alone. Soft and tasty, she loved them.
I didn't have any prosciutto crudo but only prosciutto cotto (ham), so I used that for one of my "sandwiches", and only tomatoes and corn salad for the other one.


(Ita)
SANDWICH DI FRITTATINE

4 uova
100-120 grammi di emmentaler (o scamorza o un formaggio simile)
50 g di rucola (o songino)
6 fettine di prosciutto crudo (o cotto come ho fatto io)
100 ml di panna fresca
burro, sale e pepe

Sbattete le uova in una ciotola con la panna, un po' di sale e pepe. Aggiungete il formaggio grattugiato con una grattugia a fori grossi e mescolate con cura.
Imburrate leggermente 12 stampi da muffin e con un mestolino versate le uova.
Infornate per circa 10 minuti a 180°C o finché le frittatine diventano gonfie e leggermente dorate.
Lasciatele raffreddare e poi sformatele delicamente per non romperle.
Farcite le frittatine a due e due con rucola e prosciutto.
Non avendo ne rucola ne crudo in casa, ho improvvisato e usato prosciutto cotto e songino per un sandwich, e solo songino e pomodoro per l'altro. Alla mia bimba la frittatina è piacuta semplice senza nessuna aggiunta.


(Cro)
SENDVIČI OD OMLETA

4 jaja
100-120 g sira (ementala ili sličnog)
100 ml vrhnja za kuhanje
6 tankih kriški pršuta ili šunke
rikula ili matovilac
malo maslaca, sol i papar

Umutite jaja s vrhnjem, posolite i poprate po želji, pa umiješajte krupno naribani sir. Namažite maslacem 12 kalupića za mafine, pa malom grabilicom rasporedite jednolično smjesu od jaja. Pecite 10-ak minuta u pećnici zagrijanoj na 180°C ili dok omletići ne postanu zlatne boje i napušu se.
Ostavite da se ohlade pa ih onda pažljivo izvadite da se ne pokidaju.
Napravite sendviče spajajući po dva omletića i u sredinu stavite po želji rukolu ili matovilac, pršut ili šunku, rajčice.

Comments

  1. What a clever idea!And it looks beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!! How was your holiday??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cathy and Cathy. How cute :)
    Cathy, my holiday was great, mostly relaxing, swimming and sunbathing.
    You can see some pictures in my previous post (yesterday's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those cuties are frigging fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they must have been gone by far.....

    They look very tempting.
    Angie's Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what an awesome idea! :) There are so many possibilities with those little cuties

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so good!!! What a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ma che bellissima preparazione!!
    complimenti davvero

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. And perfectly portioned too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea, my little one doesn;t like eggs either lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one I've never tried. It's very nice! I think I'll try it in the morning. I love that 1/2 muffin pan too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Semplicemente un'idea fantastica...sai che non ci avevo mai pensato a fare le frittatine così...bravissima!!
    Ciaooooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to make this but I haven't heard of either of those cheeses. What can I substitute? email me if you can. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grazie cara, sono sfiziosissimi questi fritta-sandwiches ^__^ Le bimbe hanno avto una pausa di riflessione un po' lunga ma alla fine con proposte così non potevano che capitolare :))
    Un bacione, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, Welcome to my blog. I love hearing your feedback, so don't hesitate to say what you think, or ask any question, I'd be glad to help.

Benvenuti! Mi fa piacere che vi siete fermati qui. Se vi va, lasciatemi un commento, una domanda, o altro, li leggerò con piacere.

Hvala vam na posjeti. Volim pročitati vaše mišljenje, stoga je svaki dobronamjeran komentar dobro došao kao i pitanja i nedoumice. Trudit ću se odgovoriti svima.

Popular Posts