Puff, puff... puff pastry


Finally, the weather changed a bit yesterday, it was cooler and fresher, rained a little bit. Yay, I could turn my oven on without melting in front of it. The sad news, however, is that the heat killed my thyme, while I was away. Does anyone know if it will recover? What if I cropped it, would it grow again? It's completely burnt and dry. And I'm so sad for that, I'll have to look for another plant to buy.
This is the result of the yesterday's weather change. Hope you're not getting tired of my tarts!!! 'Cause I have many more recipes I'd like to try.
If you are looking for a quick, meatless dinner, this is a solution for you.
And if you like puff pastry, grab a piece of this tart, you won't be sorry.
My husband's comment was simply: "This one's good, too." He had in mind the Ricotta and Leek tart that I made again last week and that he liked very much.
I have to say one more thing. I've never made puff pastry myself. I guess I fear it a little bit. And on the other hand, that's the beauty of having a quick home made meal using some help, where the thing would have become a long story instead. And another reason is that I always expect to find a new recipe inside the package of my store bought puff pastry. That's how I found this one. Thanks, Mr. Giovanni Rana, I enjoyed your recipe very much.

SAVOURY TARTE TATIN WITH MOZZARELLA

1 sheet of puff pastry
6-8 small tomatoes
1 potato
1 mozzarella (100 or 125 g)
a few basil leaves
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to your taste

Cut tomatoes in halves, remove seeds, salt them and leave on the cutting board for a few minutes with the cut part down.

Peel and dice the potato, season to your taste.

Oil the bottom of a tart pan or even better a springform (mine was too small so I opted for the tart pan).
Place tomatoes in it with the cut part facing down. Distribute the potato pieces in between.

Cover with the puff pastry sheet and punch with a fork.

Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for about 30 minutes. Well, after 15 minutes, my tart was already nice golden colour, and since I didn't want it to burn waiting for potatoes to be done, I reduced the temperature to 180°C for the remaining 15 minutes.
Take the tart out of the oven and carefully turn over on a serving plate. This is why a spring form is better here, it would have made thing easier, not to mention the fact that everything sticks to the bottom of my tart pan. I had to put tomatoes and potatoes back in their place.

Now put sliced mozzarella on top, decorate with basil leaves and serve.

Oh, wait. I changed it a little bit. I put the tart back to the oven just for a couple minutes until mozzarella started melting, and I forgot to put the basil on top, I guess the kids were screaming for dinner to be served. Or was it my husband? Phew!!!
I had a little bit of puff pastry left so I cut it into triangles, placed a piece of prosciutto cotto on top, and then rolled them starting from the bottom of the triangle, and baked.

I also served my favourite summer appetizer yesterday evening: Prosciutto e melone.
It's so refreshing and nourishing on summer evenings.


Enjoy!

TARTE TATIN SALATA ALLA MOZZARELLA

1 rotolo di pasta sfoglia
6/8 pomodorini
1 patata
1 mozzarella
un ciuffetto di basilico
olio extra vergine di oliva
sale e pepe

Tagliate a metà i pomodori, togliete i semi, salateli e lasciateli capovolti per qualche minuto.
Ungete d'olio il fondo di uno stampo per torte a cerniera oppure uno stampo per le crostate.
Disponete i pomodori nella tortiera con la parte tagliata verso il basso.
Tagliate a dadini la patata e distribuitela negli spazi vuoti, tra un pomodoro e l'altro.
Regolate di sale e pepe.
Coprite con la pasta sfoglia e bucherellate la superficie.
Cuocete in forno a 200°C per 15 minuti, abbassate la temperatura a 180°C e lasciate cuocere per altri 15 minuti.
Staccate accuratamente i bordi della torta dalla tortiera.
Rovesciatela sul piatto di portata e completate con le fettine di mozzarella e le foglioline di basilico.
Io l'ho messa di nuovo nel forno per qualche minuto prima di servire.

PITA OD LISNATOG TIJESTA S MOZZARELLOM

1 list lisnatog tijesta
6/8 malih rajčica
1 krumpir
1 mozzarella
nekoliko listića bosiljka
maslinovo ulje
sol i papar

Prerežite rajčice napola, odstranite prstom sjemenke, posolite i ostavite da se cijede nekoliko minuta.
Ogulite krumpir i narežite na kockice. Posolite i popaprite po želji.
Rasporedite rajčice u nauljeni kalup za tortu, prerezani dio okrenut prema dolje. Rasporedite krumpir u prazan prostor između rajčica.
Prekrijte rastanjenim lisnatim tijestom koje izbušite vilicom.
Pecite u pećnici zagrijanoj na 200°C oko 15 minuta, potom smanjite temperaturu na 180°C i pecite još 15 minuta.
Pažljivo odvojite rub pite od kalupa, pa izvrnite na tanjur.
Složite mozzarellu narezanu na kriške na vrh, ukrasite listićima bosiljka i poslužite. Ili ako vam se više sviđa, vratite pitu još koju minutu u pećnicu da se mozzarella malo rastopi.
Dobar tek!

Comments

  1. You make the most delicious looking tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious meal! And know what...I'm a little bit scared of making my own puff pastry, too...good thing it's readily available and good in my freezer case :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made puff pastry either, but I've been wanting to give it a go. Your tart looks awesome! Oh, and welcome back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm....I hope you have baked more. I like puff, savory or sweet, they are especially good when hot and Mozzarella on top makes the tart really seductive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pastry looks so delicious! I have never tried to make one before. I will have to try your recipe. I think my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks wonderful love how you have learned to cook new cuisine for your family, I adore Italy we were there in April great blog will follow

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Thanks, Michele, you're so kind :)
    *DD, if you do make it, than I'll be sure to follow your recipe and advice, just like I did with MMF
    *Thanks everyone else, I try to keep to one rule in my kitchen - Simple is the best - and I like to feel the flavour of all the ingredients I use.
    *Rebecca and Kim, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious, I would love to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ottima questa pizza rustica ,nuovo è anche il tipo di cottura , solo coperta in superfice della pasta sfoglia,la proverò al più presto ,fa venire l'acquolina in bocca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Thanks, Selba.
    *Grazie Nanny, fammi sapere se ti è piacuta, poi facciamo insieme la pubblicità per Giovanni Rana, perché la ricetta è sua, ha, ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anche per me è un metodo originale per cuocere la pizza, da provare. Se passi da me ti ho riservato 2 premi. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pastry. It looks so very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never think to use potatoes in my tarts. This looks delicious, lovely combo of flavors and puff pastry is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome tart Dajana! I need to make this when my San Marzano Tomatoes are ready to start harvesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara Dajana, sarei felice se ritirassi il premio- meme. Baci

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your tarts!! That's looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. This is unconventional but looks delicious anyway. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, Welcome to my blog. I love hearing your feedback, so don't hesitate to say what you think, or ask any question, I'd be glad to help.

Benvenuti! Mi fa piacere che vi siete fermati qui. Se vi va, lasciatemi un commento, una domanda, o altro, li leggerò con piacere.

Hvala vam na posjeti. Volim pročitati vaše mišljenje, stoga je svaki dobronamjeran komentar dobro došao kao i pitanja i nedoumice. Trudit ću se odgovoriti svima.

Popular Posts